[Avodah] Even veAven

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Fri Aug 30 10:27:34 PDT 2013

From: "Kenneth Miller" <kennethgmiller at juno.com>

I'm  still up in the air about what time to put on an invitation, and
whether there  might be something wrong (at least on a personal,
spirit-of-the-law level) with  setting one's wristwatch to another time.

Akiva  Miller

There is a hint in halacha that it is OK to set your wristwatch ahead,
because we human beings actually never can know to the second exactly what time
 it is.  That's why we add extra minutes to the beginning and end of
Shabbos.  In contrast,Hashem Himself does know to the second what time  Shabbos
begins (and created a few things, like the donkey's mouth and Korach's  pit,
at a time that for humans would have already been Shabbos -- see Pirkei
Avos).

--Toby  Katz
KVCT