[Avodah] lost articles

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Aug 16 12:12:58 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 02:41:15PM -0400, I wrote:
: I'm reminded of a similar but opposite point made by R' Chaim Volozhiner
: and RMMS. What is "and before Whom you are destined to give a din
: vecheshbon"? Why the double language, and how do the terms differ? So
: they each answer: din is judgment on the cheit itself, cheshbon is the
: effects of the cheit on others.

Umm... I think I got RMMS right, but RCV makes the point on the RH
machzor, "maaseh ish ufqudaso". Maaseh ish is the sin, and pequdaso
are the consequent sins by those he influenced.

:-)BBii!