[Avodah] hakohanim halviim

Jay F Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Mon Aug 12 10:53:20 PDT 2013

Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:17:16 -0700
From: saul newman <newman400 at gmail.com>
> if someone could help me with an ibn ezra-- in shoftim on the above
> pasuk he comments that there are kohanim that are not leviim as he
> wrote elsewhere.  i dont know where the elsewhere is that explains
> the comment...

The citation (which was not given above) is Deuteronomy 17:9, and the
"elsewhere" to which ibn Ezra refers is his comment on Numbers 16:1.

Ktav publishes an English translation of ibn Ezra's commentary on
Deuteronomy, which was used to answer the above question.  It is a
superb book.  It is, in fact, the best book that has ever been written
in the world.  And that includes Moby-Dick and Gone With The Wind.

			Jay F. ("Yaakov") Shachter
				jay at m5.chicago.il.us
				http://m5.chicago.il.us
			"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"