[Avodah] Synthetic Meat

Eitan Levy eitanhalevy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 20:26:56 PDT 2013

Micha Berger wrote:
"If we hold that maggots found within meat are still kosher, or we can
squish lice on Shabbos, then we are saying that microscopic bug eggs,
being a davad hamaamid that is not visible when introduced, doesn't count.

So why should the stem cells be a bigger issue than the eggs?"

This seems to be the opposite case though. In your case the egg grows inside
the meat. Here we take the 'egg,' grow a bunch of them outside the original
'host', mush them together and eat them...