[Avodah] Lifne iver (mistakenly life over)

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Aug 5 05:21:00 PDT 2013

On 4/08/2013 9:53 PM, Eli Turkel wrote:
> A sefardi can give an Ashkenazi nonglatt meat even though it is
> prohibited to the sefardi since he recognizes that the Ashkenazi
> paskens like the Ramah.

so? Isn't that precisely what we're discussing? The BY holds that the
meat is treif. If you really hold that way, then how can you give it
to someone else who mistakenly believes otherwise? Objectively he is
(according to you) wrong.

> There are well known stories of rsza passing on shalachot manot he
> received to the next visitor regardless of the hasgacha

What has that got to do with it? Presumably he agreed that that hechsher
did adhere to ikkar hadin, and the food was kosher, just not mehudar.
Would he have have passed on something he regarded as treif? How do
you know?

--
Zev Sero
zev at sero.name