[Avodah] Grape Juice

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jul 25 13:16:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:11:27AM -0400, cantorwolberg at cox.net wrote:
: Eitan Levy makes a valid point: If we are leaving non-Jews alone,
: unsupervised, in our homes, doesnt this create a problem with all our
: keilim in terms of kashrut?

: That's very pragmatic. The only response against that would be the
: "lo plug" argument.

I'm not sure what distinction you're suggesting Chazal said was ignorable.
And besides, lo pelug is reason to be stringent in a situation where
it's not necessary -- not to have people doing the prohibited!

Also, the concern would be specific to a situation like a two income home,
where the employee doesn't harbor a concern about a yotzei venichnas
catching her in the act.

Micha Berger             "Fortunate indeed, is the man who takes
micha at aishdas.org        exactly the right measure of himself,  and
http://www.aishdas.org   holds a just balance between what he can
Fax: (270) 514-1507      acquire and what he can use." - Peter Latham