[Avodah] kinos

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jul 19 12:28:36 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 08:36:58AM -0700, saul newman wrote:
: [hakhel.info...
:> The Sefas Emes was once asked, "And what should someone do if he feels no
: anguish over the Churban of the Temple?"  The Rebbe replied, "Then he
: should be consumed with pain and anguish over his own personal Churban.  If
: a Jew doesn't feel real pain over the Churban, it shows that his soul is in
: a wretched, abysmal state!"

As I've mention ed in the distant past, there are many times this is the
best I can do for kavanah during the middle berakhah of Mussaf Amidah.
I must confess it's hard for me to relate to qorbanos, but I can relate
to the fact that I'm supposed to be missing them, and I can mourne the
fact that I don't. And so, I ask the RBSO not only for a restoration of
the qorban mussaf question and qorbanos in general, but that by doing
so I could see what I'm missing in my relationship to Him.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             Take time,
micha at aishdas.org        be exact,
http://www.aishdas.org   unclutter the mind.
Fax: (270) 514-1507            - Rabbi Simcha Zissel Ziv, Alter of Kelm