[Avodah] VOWS

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jul 8 11:58:04 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 06:46:36PM -0400, cantorwolberg at cox.net wrote:
: The Torah states regarding the taking of a vow, ?If a man takes a vow to Hashem or swears an oath to establish a prohibition upon himself,
: he shall not desecrate his word,?    The Gemara in Tractate Shavuos states, ?For the sin of vows, one?s wife and children die (when the children are minors).?
: I would be interested to know what I am missing?

You have asked varients of this question before.

Everything that happens must be appropriate for everyone involved.
Answering why something happened in one person's life has nothing to
do with understaind the role of the event in someone else's.