[Avodah] AoU / evolution of man m'makom

M Cohen mcohen at touchlogic.com
Sun Sep 29 10:18:35 PDT 2013

wrt previous "evolution of man" discussions on Avodah/Areivim, I don't know
if this m'makom was previously mentioned.

R Schwab (in Mayan Bais shoaiva on breshis 2'23) says explicitly that there
were human like creatures alive before Adam who looked like pple, planted
and harvested as pple do, could reproduce with Adam, etc, but did not have
the neshama of Adam harishon.

As I've mentioned previously, this approach still requires us to say that
all these pple mysteriously died out somehow and the world is now only
populated by Adam's descendants (all goyim are today are considered human,
descendants of Adam, capable of converting and becoming Jewish, etc)

Mordechai cohen