[Avodah] : LeiSheiv

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Wed Sep 25 02:55:57 PDT 2013

Re: RMGR's <<custom to only make the Beracha when eating, we
ought to make LeiSheiv as soon as we enter to have our
meal.>>

R' Meir's posting reminded me of my neighbor z"l, a Teimani
of the old school, who whenever visiting my sukkah would
start Borukh of leisheiv basukka as he was going through the
door. Nothing to do with eating. It is about residing even
temporarily in a sukka.

And that reminds me of an aberration I've seen. Someone who
made kiddush while standing, sat down to make leisheiv
basukka and then stood again for shehecheyanu.

Leisheiv in the b'rakha has nothing to do with sitting but
with residing.

"Vayeishev Ya'akov b'eretz  m'gurei aviv, b'eretz Canaan."
Does anyone think he accomplished that while sitting only.

Moadim l'simcha,

David