[Avodah] INSTEAD OF LOVING YOUR ENEMIES, TREAT YOUR FRIENDS A LITTLE BETTER!

cantorwolberg at cox.net cantorwolberg at cox.net
Mon Jul 22 07:50:11 PDT 2013

 One of yesterday's postings contained a cogent comment in regard
 to saying something nice instead of this constant one-upmanship.
 I'm sorry to say we have colleagues (very few) who must always be right.
 One should be able to disagree without being disagreeable and we
 are supposedly rachmonim b'nai rachmonim.
 I came across the following posuk in Vayikra 7:10 and was fascinated
 by Rashi's commentary:
 "v'chol mincha b'lula vashemen vachareiva l'chol b'nai Aharon tih'yeh ish k'achiv"

 Rashi:  "b'lula vashemen"  zo minchat n'dava
            "vachareiva"          zo minchat chotei uminchat k'naot she'ein bahen shamen.

 The free will offering of the "pious" Jew as well as the sin offering of the "sinner" must
 be received by the Kohen with equal compassion and consideration. Judaism commands
 the kohen to accept saint and sinner.

            "k'achiv" (Not Rashi) As for the ideological gulfs between Jews and Jews, we
 must respond with bridges of Jewish brotherhood, love and mutual respect -- as well as
 faith in the intrinsic good of our fellow Jews.

 One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness; usually it comes back to you.
 Anonymous