[Avodah] Rav Yisroel Belsky on Anisakis Worms

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Thu Jun 10 16:12:46 PDT 2010

: I have seen this explanation given in a number of instances, but isn't
: the logical implication of this that extrapolation from the reasons to new
: cases is not guaranteed to give the correct result ( or put differently,
: isn't any extrapolation a safek)

Isn't that the whole basis of the position we've discussed besheim the Gra and RAYKook?

Since we don't know, we can only extrapolate lechumerah. And if we see the science in a way that brings us to a kulah, we have to be concerned that perhaps there is more going on than we're aware of.

To me it's more than science issue, it's an issue of any new case that was not previously dealt with for whatever the reason.
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.