[Avodah] responsa

Moshe Y. Gluck mgluck at gmail.com
Sat May 29 22:07:01 PDT 2010

[To give context, the question of who has been writing shu"t lately, and
in particular the next generation's "Tzitz Eliezer, Minchat Yitzchaq, IM,
or Minchas Shelomo" was raised on Areivim. -micha]

> How do you know which of the current young rabbonim will turn out to be
> those 'equivalents'?
R' Eli Turkel:
Better question than I have an answer. Basically the first sefer we dont
know but after a while they establish a reputation. Others start with
at least an important position, ie head of an important bet din.
-------------

>From the New York Times, (here, for subscribers; I am not, and have a
photocopy from microfilm:
http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20F13F93E5D137B93C7A9178ED8
5F418785F9&scp=1&sq=responsa+the+law+as+seen+by+rabbis+for&st=p) May 5,
1975, quoting R' Moshe Feinstein: "You can't wake up in the morning and
decide you're an expert on answers," he said recently as disciples clustered
round. "If people see that one answer is good, and another answer is good,
gradually you will be accepted."

KT,
MYG