[Avodah] onshin shelo min hadin

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri May 21 13:11:43 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 11:14:32PM +0300, Eli Turkel wrote:
: I recently saw the Ran on Sanhedrin 91 in the din of kipa that he says
: explicitly that this is only a n emergency rule but one cannot make
: a permanent rule since even a prophet cannot introduce new regulations.
: Therefore the Ran concludes that kipa
: must be a halacha to Moshe from Sinai...

Why couldn't he consider it derabbanan -- of which there are many new
refulations?

And for that matter, even the 7 tuvei ha'ir have the right to punish in
ways not mandated in Mes' Makkos. So I fail to see the whole chiddush
involved in kippah, where we have an actual Sanhedrin running a Jewish
community in EY.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             You will never "find" time for anything.
micha at aishdas.org        If you want time, you must make it.
http://www.aishdas.org                     - Charles Buxton
Fax: (270) 514-1507