[Avodah] "The Great Miracle of the Volcano Shutdown "

Allen Baruch Abaruch at lifebridgehealth.org
Wed May 5 13:23:24 PDT 2010

>I happen to think we in our generation, and especially from an
>educational standpoint our young people, are more in need of examples
>of tziduk hadin and moving forward in life despite disappointment,
>loss and suffering, than we are in need of further gushes of chicken
>soup for our already entitlement-ridden souls. Because this genre has
>become so ubiquitous, and we are encouraging people to identify (as if
>they could!) `hashgacha pratis' in their lives, I fear we are weakening
>rather than strengthening the kind of emuna needed to make it through the
>real lives most of us lead, the ones in which people die, illness hurts,
>and hopes are dashed, at least sometimes....
I do not see this as all or nothing here. Although seemingly, for the one who
received = "hashgosha protis" and for the one who lost = tziduk hadin (leaving
everyone else = ?) what the story really tells is that the RBS"O runs the world -
someone who is supposed to get will get and one who shouldn't won't.
( I seem to recall reading that this was the idea behind the relative explosion
of these types of stories.)

As far as needing more examples of tziduk hadin, we may need them but
I think that human nature makes that difficult - everyone likes and spreads
a geshmak story, not so much when not (unless you are a Magid...)

kol tuv,
Sender Baruch
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE IS LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE ADDRESSEE LISTED ABOVE.
This record has been disclosed in accordance with Subtitle 3 of
Title 4 of the Health-General Article of the Annotated Code of
Maryland.  Further disclosure of medical information contained
herein is prohibited.
If you are neither the intended recipient nor the individual
responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure of
patient information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
email in error, immediately notify us by telephone or return email.