[Avodah] 2 fridgies

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sat May 1 22:59:10 PDT 2010

From: Danny Schoemann <doniels at gmail.com>
> But that's  "next to"; do you not have separate shelves in the fridge
> for milchigs  and fleishigs?

No we don't; never occurred to me that it was needed --  and I've never
seen anybody do it. Is that your custom?

But maybe it's  a good idea. However, the milk could still spill onto
the meat below (or vice  versa) which seems to be more than "a problem"
-- it may be actually  forbidden to live with this constant possibility.

--  Danny

I actually once had a situation where milk leaked from a container on one
shelf onto chicken in a pan on the shelf below it.  Ever since then I have
taken two precautions that I recommend to everyone:  One, I keep the milk
in the door or if there isn't room, I make sure there is nothing on the
shelf under the milk that could pose a problem.  If necessary I  put a plastic
plate or a towel under the milk bottle in case it  leaks.  Two, I never leave
anything in the fridge uncovered or too-loosely  covered.

--Toby Katz