[Avodah] HaRav Yosef Ber Soloveitchik on Saying Hallel on Yom Ha'Atzma'ut

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 12:47:32 PDT 2010

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 09:24:39AM -0700, Harry Maryles wrote:
>: Intersting and quite a different repsonse than what the CI was reputed
>: to do. It is said about him that he said tachaunun once at a Bris that
>: took place on YhA so taht people wouldn't think he skipped because of
>: the holiday.

There was a suggestion several years ago in the knesset to change YH to
rosh chodesh iyar (it didnt pass).
Had it passed would CI have skipped hallel that day to make the point (one
could differentiate between full hallel and half hallel though I believe
some say only half Hallel on YH)

BTW I received from Shlomo Pick an English translation of the
speech/article of RAL on the zionism of RYBS

--
Eli Turkel