[Avodah] Lo Plug

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 18:46:24 PDT 2010

From: "Chana" _Chana at Kolsassoon.org.uk_ (mailto:Chana at Kolsassoon.org.uk)

>>  And the one that really gets me.  That the Golders Green mikvah (and
others
run by similar bodies) insist on using the same criteria for tzeis vis  a
vis
allowing immersion as for Shabbas - even when they don't for taanis
tzibbur.
As in, I have sat in the aforementioned mikvah on Shiva Aser B'Tamuz  and
the
fast is deemed by all London authorities to go out at around 10.20pm,  and
yet they wouldn't allow the first immersion until 10.36pm!

Given  that the chashash (and it is only a d'rabbanan chashash at most)
relates to  the possibility of a husband and wife having relations before
tzeis (and then  after that the woman finding out she was tamei, and being
soser the shiva  nekiim), and once a woman immerses she still has to get out
of the mikvah,  get dressed and go home - why oh why they have to keep all
of
us waiting.....  <<

Rather reminds one of the sons of Eli, doesn't it?

You should find out who is the rav or posek the mikva is using as its
authority, and go have a chat with him.  You are only one of numerous women
affected by the mikva's policy, but I guarantee that you are the most
qualified  of all of them to have that little chat.....

I want to know what he answers you, and also, if you can discreetly snap it
 with your cellphone, I want to see a picture of the expression on his face
when  he realizes that the disgruntled yiddene in his office is no mean
talmid  chacham...!

--Toby  Katz