[Avodah] Who Said it First - What's the Point?

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 10:51:26 PDT 2010

I was requested offlist to explain from which perspective this series
stems.

Here is a simple exercise that will BEH illustrate this point of being
"contrarian"

Can anyone dentify this quote/paraphrase from Author Y?
> I saw all of his words in the Book "X" as if Given from the mouth of
> Moshe from the "G'vurah" and the students will come afterwords and drink
> from his words w/o dispute, and with this, they will contravene all of
> the customs of the lands.

> And Hazal have already said that many things are different between place
> A and place B even in the earlier generations, all the more say in the
> current generations.

Furthermore our author continues [emphasis mine]
> Therefore I have seen. fit to write the opinions of the "acharonim"...in
> order to arouse the students everywhere. THAT THEY KNOW THAT THERE IS
> A DISPUTE in his [namely X's] words.

Can anyone identify the

A. The Author?
B. The other author X who is being "critiqued"?
C. The specific text in which this appears.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile