[Avodah] Lo Plug

Chana Chana at Kolsassoon.org.uk
Tue Apr 20 06:45:45 PDT 2010

RRW writes:

> OTOH, EG there are rabbis who insist on ending taanis tzibbur using
> the same criteria for tzeis as Shabbos, even though they are differen -
> namely one is d'+raisso and other derabbaan. The "Lo Plug" is probably
> about confusing people re: 2 flavors of tzeis.

And not just that, but don't most decide tzeis on shabbas to allow for some
tosefes shabbas?

And the one that really gets me.  That the Golders Green mikvah (and others
run by similar bodies) insist on using the same criteria for tzeis vis a vis
allowing immersion as for Shabbas - even when they don't for taanis tzibbur.
As in, I have sat in the aforementioned mikvah on Shiva Aser B'Tamuz and the
fast is deemed by all London authorities to go out at around 10.20pm, and
yet they wouldn't allow the first immersion until 10.36pm!

Given that the chashash (and it is only a d'rabbanan chashash at most)
relates to the possibility of a husband and wife having relations before
tzeis (and then after that the woman finding out she was tamei, and being
soser the shiva nekiim), and once a woman immerses she still has to get out
of the mikvah, get dressed and go home - why oh why they have to keep all of
us waiting (and I mean all of us, these days in the Golders Green mikvah
there can be at least twenty to thirty women in the waiting room, plus the
twelve in the various rooms) - until the time deemed tzeis for Shabbas I
really really don't know.

> KT
> RRW

Regards