[Avodah] Lo Plug

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 21:29:21 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:

> RJR rejoined:
> : imho this is a specific case of a more general question - is the
> : halachic process reproducible?
>
> To which I answered that I think it isn't. After all, which mistakes
> become gezeiros involve the history and what mistakes were being made --
> not only the process.
>

> Tir'u baTov!
> -Micha

Crossing threads
I think that Sefira originally consisted of 3 issues

   1. Nissuin
   2. Tispoeres
   3. Some limitation on m'lcahah

[regardless of the orginating trigger]
and that adding humros is an error

UNLESS some new aveilus was added for new, subsequent reasons to the
original minhag - EG the Crusades

Otherwise these Humros are as questionable as adding humros corn syrup and
peanut oil to Qitniyyos on Passover.

IOW w/o additional triggers, it is simply revisionistic to add to the
orginal minhag as originally formulated.

NB: I am not addressing the span of time aspect, EG 33 vs. 48.

--
Shalom uVRacha
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com