[Avodah] Haleiv HaCompanies

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 14:55:03 PDT 2010

RRW
>> Essentially RMF says that the USDA is a proxy for this "Jew in the
>> vicinity" and triggers the same "mirsas"

Zev
> Sorry, this misstates the IM's position. Neither the USDA nor any
> government agency is a proxy for a Jewish witness.

I said the USDA was a proxy to trigger mirsas.
Micha's point is "birur", that RMF used anan sahadi to say we KNOW it
is cow's milk.

Similarly I'm saying just as talmud AZ 39b requires a Jew NOT to see
but to merely intimidate against cheating, that RMF is saying USDA is
a proxy for this Jew in that it intimidates the Gentile.

I'm not positive of my p'shat in RMF's t'shuva. Nevertheless I made no
mistatement at all because I qualified what I said via "AIUI" - this is
how I make sense of it.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile