[Avodah] Rav Shimon Schwab on how Jewish women should dress

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu May 13 09:51:28 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 09:38:49AM -0400, David Riceman wrote:
: I just cracked a couple of dictionaries myself.  EZ Melamed's only
: translation of "mata" is "'ir"; Jastrow offers both "land" and "city",
: but none of his examples use land in the sense of "yard".

I sit corrected. Thank you.

So, she was willing to go to town faputzt to make sure her husband
wouldn't stray.

Of course, we are told that a tzadiq yesod olam would have a YhR to
match. So perhaps she was more worried about his wandering interests
than others'.