[Avodah] Who First Said It? 7 - Mourning during Sefirah

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:31:52 PDT 2010

Revision to earlier post

Here's how I arrived at my hypothesis: *

A Seeing these texts
  Tur O"Ch 493[:4]
  SA O"Ch 493:4
  Baer Hetev 11
  MB 18
  KSA 120:10
  The Ramban on Vayikra 23:36 where he explaina how both Shminie Atzeret
  and Shavuot are both called Atzeret...

B Learning Elu M'galchin and finding the common denominator between ChhM
  and Aveilus [which btw exludes music]

C Noticing the lack of sweeping aveilus in any early sources - rather
  finding a defined subset.

D Factoring in the Arizal's 48 day issur tispores

E Noting the term in KSA as "k'tzas aveilus" and NOT total aveilus

NB: KSA in beginnng of 6 - Where the scope is limitted by a klal and
prat format.

-------------------------

*Disclaimers and parameters

Intuitive leaps are made by "gestalt" type processing. That is studying
the data, and then extrapolating based upon the totality and NOT the
specifics.

Neither are these "yeish me'ayin" nor are they geometric proofs.

They are patterns that leap out to those whose minds process things
intuitively.

Since this is not a rigorous methodology, I am reluctant to alter halachah
this way, becuase I think Halachah ideally SHOULD be more rigorous or
at least more objective

OTOH in the area of machshava - aderabba! Such reading between the
lines is how Midrashim are continually generated.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile