[Avodah] Who First Said It? 7 - Mourning during Sefirah

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 10:43:46 PDT 2010

Micha
> What issur melakhah?

See
    Tur O"Ch 493[:4]
    SA O"Ch 493:4
    Baer Hetev 11
    MB 18
    KSA 120:10

FWIW issur m'lachah is a component common to both aveilus and ChhM -
I refer primarily to Elu M'galchin where these conjunctions appear
frequently.

I don't have the time to address each point
Rather I suggest to anyone who's mind is not made up to consult the
    - Tur O"Ch 493
and
    - KSA 120:6-10

Meditate and contemplate on what
The two texts share in common - and try to block out all external Torah
on this inyan.

It appears to me that the Qitsur - of all hibburim - preserved the
Rishonic model best w/o embellishment

Perhaps this is Likened to seeing a Siddur that preceded Henna's dikduk
revisions

Here's how I arrived at my hypothesis:
A. Seeing those texts above
B. Learning Elu m'galchun
C. Noticing the lack of sweeping aveilus in any early sources
D. seeing the drasha on sheva shabbosos
E. noting the term "atzeres"
F. Factoring in the Arizal's 48 day issur tispores
G. Noting the term in Tur and KSA as "miktzas" aveilus or "k'tzas aveilus"
   and NOT total aveilus

NB: KSA in beginnng of 6 - Where the scope is limitted by a klal and
prat format.

GS
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile