[Avodah] Non-Issur in a Taaroves

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 11:27:38 PDT 2010

Reviewing sources on the issues we discussed before Passover

Rema YD 66:10   re: Dam Dagim and Dam Adam
"Ho'eel u-meedeenah shri, eino osseir Taaruvto"

See Rema's mareh m'qomos

See also Shach 16, GRA 14

Now see Rema O"Ch 653:1 re: kitniyyos that have fallen into a tavsheel.
Baer Hetev 2
Shaarei T'shuva 2
MB 8,9

[As per Hayei Adam
Quoted by Kaf Hachayyim and MB 8 any visible kitniyyos must be
removed. I'm not convinced Rema himmself is machmir

Rather I suggest that Kitniyyos a humra is the halachic equivalent of
dam that is assur mishum mar'is ho'ayin.

IOW in both cases the ch'shash is only a pre-taaroves ch'shash.

BUT
Also see
Rema O"Ch 664:1 who prohibits a taaroves containing Hardal before Passover,
Ba'er Etev 2
MB 6

v'tzorich Iyyun

KT