[Avodah] Did RSRH Write LH about Shimon and Levi

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sun Dec 21 22:50:55 PST 2008

From: Yitzhak Grossman _celejar at gmail.com_ (mailto:celejar at gmail.com)

>> You  *still* have given no compelling reason for this 'clarity';  you
just  keep declaring it to be so, without giving any logical basis for
your  view.  <<

I guess "compelling" is in the eye of the beholder.  I have  explained my
position in ever greater detail, looking closely at the relevant  pesukim, Rashi,
Ramban and common sense, and at this point there is nothing left  for either
of us to say without simply repeating ourselves.  Anyone who  doubts that I
have made a strong case for the proposition that Dinah was  kidnapped and raped
need only re-read everything I've written on the subject  over the last few
days.  In a way it's a foolish exercise since the pasuk  itself says she was
raped -- "vaye'anaha"  -- and all other readings are  forced and must be
defended.  It isn't (or shouldn't be) the pshat that  needs defending.  The one who
wants to read Chumash in a less-than-obvious  way is the one who needs to make a
compelling case -- and that you have not  done.

--Toby Katz
"If you don't read the  newspaper you are uninformed;
if you do read the newspaper you are  misinformed."
--Mark Twain

Read *Jewish World Review* at _http://jewishworldreview.com/_
(http://jewishworldreview.com/)

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.