[Avodah] Insects in our salads

Elazar M. Teitz remt at juno.com
Tue Dec 16 05:37:48 PST 2008

<The Noda Biyhuda (If I'm not mistaken) suggested as a limud zechus that "afilu be'elef lo batel" implies that it is batel in more than 1000. The Mezritcher Maggid is reported to have said that although the Noda Biyhuda meant it only as a limud zechus, he was mechaven to the way they pasken in Yeshivah shel Maalah.>

     I have trouble accepting that the Maggid knew any better than the Noda Bihuda what the Yeshiva shel Ma'ala paskens.

EMT