[Avodah] City named after AZ

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Mon Dec 15 14:01:56 PST 2008

>>When I was a teenager, I visited the city of Christchurch in New  Zealand.
Should enunciation of the name of this city be forbidden?   Does the fact
that it has become the name of a city make a  difference?<<

Kol tuv
Dov Kay

I don't know the answer to your questions but the  city you mention is not
the only one with such problems.  What if a Jew  lives in Corpus Christi?  How
about the countries of El Salvador and  Trinidad?

--Toby Katz
Read *Jewish World  Review* at _http://jewishworldreview.com/_
(http://jewishworldreview.com/)