[Avodah] a troubling halacha

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Wed Nov 12 05:46:50 PST 2008

		Rather it seems to me that the reason for kaddish to be
said by all the sons, and only the sons, is simply because that's the
way the minhag was originally done. Not because of any reason which has
yet been mentioned in this post.

		Akiva Miller

	WADR, may I strongly suggest that you get a hold of a copy of
Mourning in Halacha by Rabbi Chaim Binyamin Goldberg. (
http://www.artscroll.com/Books/moup.html
<http://www.artscroll.com/Books/moup.html>  )

	There you will be able to read all about Kaddish, who should say
it, when it is to be said, etc.

	Yitzchok Levine

	================

	I would have assumed the reason is that the source story by R'
Akiva was teaching the son rather than R' Akiva doing it himself.

	KT
	Joel Rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.