[Avodah] a troubling halacha

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Nov 11 12:25:45 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:29:17PM -0500, Michael Poppers wrote:
: In Avodah Digest V25#381, REMT related:
:>> Each gave a different answer: RYBS mentioned the kibbud av va'eim aspect,
:>> RYH said that the passing of a parent means that we are one more generation
:>> removed from the origin of our mesora, and my father said that one has only
:>> one father and mother, while parents generally have more than one child.

:> Could REMT (or someone else) expand on the difference(s) between the
:> respective answers of his father and of RYBS zichronam livrachah?

Just guessing...

A nafqa minha could be that kibud av va'eim applies to parents who didn't
receive the mesorah from their parents. Or who were not present to pass
it on to the child.

Micha Berger             I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
micha at aishdas.org        but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
http://www.aishdas.org   tasks as if they were great and noble.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              - Helen Keller