[Avodah] Kiddush in Shul - Friday night

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun Nov 2 14:24:44 PST 2008

SBA wrote:

> The KSA 76:8 writes about the minhogim involved with this 'bamedinos elu".
>
> Eg, wine is given to a katan shehigia lechinuch to drink. Is he supposed
> to say a brcoho achrona? My Sydney 'spy' tells me that he has never seen
> one do it.

What I've seen in several shuls is that the wine is distributed among
all the ketanim; generally there are enough that each gets less than a
revi'it, so the issue of a BA wouldn't come up.

> In fact when there is no katan and an adult drinks - he has also never
> seen him make a brocho achrono.

I just saw in Derech Hachayim ch 69 that when an adult drinks he should
only drink rov revi'it, and not say a bracha achrona.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.