[Avodah] Dirty diapers and brachos

Michael Kopinsky mkopinsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 21:51:41 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:40 AM, <T613K at aol.com> wrote:

>   From: "Michael Kopinsky" mkopinsky at gmail.com
>
> I understand that qualitatively, there is a difference between the tzoah of
> a baby and that of an adult. I have two metzius questions:
>
> 1) When does that change actually take place? Is it actually eating grains
> that affects the change, or is it solid food in general?
>

> The dirty diaper of a fully breast-fed baby smells like clover.  As soon as
> the baby starts receiving formula or anything else, his diapers no longer
> smell so good.  This is the metzius.

Some of these questions might be strange, but are relevant to pshat in the
gemara.

What if the baby starts having formula, but then reverts to having
breastmilk again? Does his tzoah go back to its original smell?

What about question #2? Does the baby's mei raglayim change when he starts
eating/drinking things other than breast milk?

KT,
Michael