[Avodah] Dirty diapers and brachos

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Oct 30 02:46:19 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:40:40AM -0400, T613K at aol.com wrote:
: The dirty diaper of a fully breast-fed baby smells like clover.  As  soon as
: the baby starts receiving formula or anything else, his diapers no  longer
: smell so good.  This is the metzius.

1- The dirty diaper of a fully nursed baby smells unpleasantly. It's just
a different unpleasant smell.

2- My son pushed me to do QSA Yomi with him this cycle, which in turn
was caused by my mentioning RDS's posts on the subject. BTW, I put
together the current QSAY cycle (with Jewish dates and holidays) in a
form you can import into Outlook. If you're interested let me know
if you want the EY or chu"l version. All of which was to say, we just
learned this.

QSA 5:5 says the age is one that "*acheirim* beyamav yecholim" to eat
a kezayis of cooked grain bikhday achilas peras. Leshitaso, the
particular diaper could be filled with pure processed mother's milk,
and it would still be a problem.

Micha Berger             It is a glorious thing to be indifferent to
micha at aishdas.org        suffering, but only to one's own suffering.
http://www.aishdas.org                 -Robert Lynd, writer (1879-1949)
Fax: (270) 514-1507