[Avodah] Sukkah in the BHMK

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Oct 23 10:20:09 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 03:50:22PM +0000, Gershon Dubin wrote:
: They had to be brought to the northern part of the mizbeach; where
: is there a limitation on eating only in the northern half of the azara?

You are right. They were limited to eating it within the entire azarah,
not just the north (Zevarchim 33a).

My friend's question still stands:
> What was done on Sukkos? Are the qorbanos outide of "ke'ein taduru"? Did
> they build a sukkah in the azarah?
> The person who asked me this in shul was more amazed by his inability to
> find a discussion of the topic than the question itself.

Micha Berger             Mussar is like oil put in water,
micha at aishdas.org        eventually it will rise to the top.
http://www.aishdas.org                    - Rabbi Israel Salanter
Fax: (270) 514-1507