[Avodah] Sukkah in the BHMK

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Oct 23 10:41:56 PDT 2008

Micha Berger wrote:
> The qorban minchah had to be eaten in the northern half of the azarah.
>
> What was done on Sukkos? Are the qorbanos outide of "ke'ein taduru"?

I think so; the Cohanim eating in the azarah were very much not "at home";
they had to be constantly conscious of the kedusha of the place, and that
it was not at all their home.  They had to eat standing, because only
malchei Beit David could sit in the azarah.  This seems very different
from "keva`" as in "beito arai vesukato keva`".

> Did they build a sukkah in the azarah?

Surely not. "Lo tita` lecha...kol eitz".

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.