[Avodah] Is the term he died before his time correct?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Oct 8 10:42:28 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 09:43:16AM -0400, Cantor Wolberg wrote:
: It can all be reconciled with Tosfos' response that when the
: Gemara says that they are written and sealed for life or death,
: it doesn't mean in this world, but in the next world.

I never got this, since a person is judged upon petirah for olam haba.
What does having a fate sealed in olam haba between YK and death mean?

In general, if a person is assessed at all times ba'asher hu sham, what
is the judgment of Yamim Noraim, or the 3 other times we are judged?

GCT!

Micha Berger             Man is equipped with such far-reaching vision,
micha at aishdas.org        yet the smallest coin can obstruct his view.
http://www.aishdas.org                         - Rav Yisrael Salanter
Fax: (270) 514-1507