[Avodah] Additional Tefilos for Parnoso etc

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Mon Oct 6 07:23:55 PDT 2008

RSBA wrote:
> In our shul on RH we break up the Mussaf Kedusha - by saying the piyutim in
> the Machzor. (We also do it on YK - even for Shacris).
> Does anyone know if the tzibbur has to remain standing while the piyut is
> said (seeing it is mid-Kedusha)?

It stands to reason that we do stay standing, and in fact, we did. But by the
way, Qedushah is always interspersed with comments, such as "Kevodo
male 'olam, mesharetav shoalim zeh lazeh a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-yeh..." When
saying those piyutim, we are essentially expanding upon those comments,
preparing ourselves more for the actual most central statements of the
entire 'hazarat hashatz: "qadosh, qadosh, qadosh haShem..." and "barukh kevod
haShem mimqomo."

--
Arie Folger
http://ariefolger.wordpress.com