[Avodah] Online Aruch Hashulchan: Hilchos Hashkamah, Tzitzis, Tefillin

Dovi Jacobs dovijacobs at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 23:05:12 PST 2008

(Redirecting to Avodah per moderator comment.)

Having finished Hilchos Tefillin
as of the fourth candle of Chanukkah, I'm pleased to announce that the
initial halachos of Orach Chaim are now complete in the online, edited
version of the Aruch Hashulchan: Hilchos Hashkamas Haboker, Tzitizis,
Tefillin (simanim 1-45). I've started Hilchos Birchos Hashachar, and
hope God willing to finish Hilchos Tefillah sometime around Pesach.

Since Hilchos Mezuzah and Sefer Torah
in Yoreh Deah are already done, the addition of Hilchos Tefillin makes
all of the complementary texts in hilchos sta"m complete. Those who
learn Orach Chaim may want to supplement Hilchos Tefillin with the material in Yoreh Deah.

In the meantime, my co-contributor Netanel has already finished the bulk of Hilchos Shabbos,
which he will finish IYH in the coming months. Done so far are simanim
242-299 and 345-416. Hilchos Shabbos is a vast endeavor, and Netanel
deserves great credit for his perseverance.

Thus, in conjunction with previous material, the following parts of the Aruch Hashulchan are now done:

Orach Chaim:
*Hashkamas Haboker, Tzitzis, Tefillin (simanim 1-45).
*Hilchos Shabbos & Eruvin (simanim 242-416) is about 3/4 complete.
*All of the Moadim (simanim 417-697) has been complete for some time.
In total, most of Orach Chaim is already done, and it should be nearing completion during the current year.
Index to Orach Chaim: http://he.wikisource.org/wiki/AHS:OH

Yoreh Deah:

Simanim 240-291, encompassing Hilchos Kibbud Av va-Em, Kevod Rabbo
ve-Talmid Chacham, Talmud Torah, Tzedakah, Millah, Avadim, Gerim, Sefer Torah,
Mezuzah.Simanim 334-403, encompassing Hilchos Niddui ve-Cherem, Bikkur Cholim, and Avelus.Index to Yoreh Deah: http://he.wikisource.org/wiki/AHS:YD

Remember that besides just printing or reading these texts for your own Torah study, you can also correct and improve them
as well, for yourself and for others! You can correct typos, improve
the punctuation, and even improve the formatting of entire pages. You
are also invited to add new simonim on your own. Two of the website's
main contributors have professional experience with editing Torah texts and/or proofreading, and we are happy to help others contribute as well.

In addition, I will be adding a post to Avodah in the near future with
some ideas for re-thinking the "Aruch Hashulchan Yomi" (the current
cycle is set to end a few days after this coming Shavuos).

Please
be makdish your learning of halachah from these texts in the zechus of
Israel's wounded and captive soldiers, for acheni kol beis yisrael in poverty, sickness or distress (among them Rivkah bas
 Tirtsel), and the strength and peace of all Israel.

Dovi