[Avodah] Jewish Hyper-sensitivity guided by Mesora

Meir Rabi meirabi at optusnet.com.au
Wed Dec 17 19:32:03 PST 2008

The enquiry: I wonder how we determine what is appropriate sensitivity
LifNim MiShuRas HaDin and what is just bizarre behaviour?

Was answered : In a word Mesora; the mimetic tradition.

Which requires some elaboration, like whose Mesora? How far back? Does
Mesora ever change? How have certain changes been accepted and others
rejected? Is tat also part of the Mesora?

Reb Moshe responded re wearing modern American clothing that were a
variation from the traditions.

Meir Rabi