[Avodah] Did RSRH Write LH about Shimon and Levi

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 12:05:30 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/13/2008, Larry.Levine at stevens.edu writes:

There have been times when people have criticized me for sending out
messages that contain negative information about people.  The accusation  is that
what I sent out is Loshon Harah, and I am not allowed to disseminate  such
information.  They claim that even if the information is widely  known and has
appeared in the media,  one is not allowed to distribute it  further. In light of
this, I present the commentary of RSRH on what Shimon and  Levi did as it
appears in the new translation of his commentary to Bereshis  34: 25 - 31.

According to the Chofetz Chaim, negative  information may be disseminated for
certain kinds of to'eles.  To derive  from the Torah commentary of a tzaddik
and great Torah scholar some kind of  blanket permission to spread negative
information about Jews is really quite a  stretch.  There is also a tone of
disrespect towards RSRH in the very title  of this thread.

--Toby Katz
Read  *Jewish World Review* at _http://jewishworldreview.com/_
(http://jewishworldreview.com/)