[Avodah] Sephardi-ism: some food for thought

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Dec 12 07:51:39 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:28:23PM -0500, Yitzhak Grossman wrote:
:> Is the ideal poseiq a database plus some natural language software (to
:> convert the sefarim into some data structure) and an algorithm? That would
:> be the ultimate in objectivity -- but it would minimize the humanity of
:> our contribution to the halachic process.

: I don't think this would be "the ultimate in objectivity"; without real
: AI, the software couldn't possibly generate any real Pesak, since Pesak
: involves human level reasoning...

And if the process needs real AI, doesn't that mean it requires
subjectivity? Isn't the difference between real software and any
hypothetical "real AI" is that intelligence has an "I", a first person
viewpoint, a possibility of subjectivity? If you /need/ real intelligence,
doesn't that mean there is a subjective component?

:-)BBii!