[Avodah] Questions as a Result of the Flatbush Lakewood

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 21:45:47 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/9/2008 12:30:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

From:  "Prof. Levine
Does not the fact that the Torah makes no mention of Yaakov  learning
in yeshiva telling? If these years were more important, then I  would
have expected the Torah to mention Yaakov's learning explicitly. I  am
sure there is an answer, but I do not know it.

Is  there ANY place in Tenach where  it mentions learning in a  Yeshiva?

SBA

Well this is one place that, when I read it,  I understood it to be a yeshiva
(with a dorm and a kitchen!): Melachim Bais,  4:38-44.  It's the story of the
bnai hanavi'im who were sitting before  Elisha (i.e., his talmidim) and they
had nothing to eat, and then one of them  went and got some mushrooms from the
field and made soup but it turned out the  mushrooms were poisonous so they
couldn't eat the soup, and then Elisha put some  flour in the soup and
miraculously made it OK to eat.  And then on the same  page is the story of the man
who came and brought twenty loaves of bread, which  Elisha told his servant to
serve to a hundred men, and miraculously it was  enough to feed a hundred men.
What hundred men could that be?  Must  be the talmidim in his yeshiva.

--Toby Katz
Read *Jewish  World Review* at _http://jewishworldreview.com/_
(http://jewishworldreview.com/)

favorite sites in one place.  Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=n
ew-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)