[Avodah] menorah on a plane

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Dec 8 14:37:23 PST 2008

Micha Berger wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 09:21:25PM +0000, Gershon Dubin wrote:
> : What kind of kiyum mitzva can you have if you don't live there?
> : I can understand the train situation 150 years ago, when they spent,
> : as someone wrote, 3 days on the train, so it would be similar to
> : achsenai. But a plane?
>
> Tangentially, I really doubt this would come up lemaaseh on a plane.
> Maybe an electric menorah.

I have posted before of an actual case where it did came up.  I know
two people who have lit on planes; one did so in the galley, with the
crew's permission, and the crew even took and posed for photos with
the lit menorah.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.