[Avodah] Kedoshim status of Holocaust victims

JoshHoff at aol.com JoshHoff at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 09:44:37 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/2/2008 5:00:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
avodah-request at lists.aishdas.org writes:

Rav  Moshe Sternbuch told me that a Jew who is killed because he is a Jew
has  the status of a kadosh.

Rav Ahron Soloveichik zt'l also said this,specifically in connection with
R.Meir Kahane,Hy'd.Rav Y.B.Soloveitchik also said this,as related by Rabbi
Rothkoff in his article in Gesher,5785 ( in a footnote IIRC) Rabbi Rothkoff  asked
the Rov about it after a shiur he attended in the early 1980s. I was at  that
shiur,and heard their conversation. I don't recall if either Rav Ahron or
the Rov gave a source.