[Avodah] shiurim

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 08:40:21 PST 2008

>From the sefer of Beinish on Midot and Shiurim of the Torah  p74(my translation)

"Everything I wrote is only to be machmir but in places that the shiur of
our rabbis the achronim (i.e. Nodah BeYehudah and others) results in a
Kulah in a Torah halacha then it is proper for those fearful of paskening
(mi-yireh horaah) to be machmir"

This is an addition to the second edition (mahadura batra) of the kuntress
le-shiurim by the CI and does not appear in the first edition

The Steipler in his sefer Shiurei haMitzvot which he wrote according to
the psak of CIalso writes that the shiur of an egg being 45-50 grams
is a chumra and similarly for the size of the agudal

Eli Turkel