[Avodah] a troubling halacha

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Sun Nov 9 05:40:39 PST 2008

R' Ben Waxman wrote:
> This should also apply to a male who doesn't say
> kaddish (a brother of a woman who has grown sons
> for example).

I understand that in communities where only one person says kaddish, an avel for a parent has higher priority than an avel for other relatives. But you seem to be saying that in some communities, an avel for other relatives does not say kaddish at all, unless there are no sons to say it.

Is that so? I'm curious which communities are that way.

Akiva Miller