[Avodah] Hypocrisy in halakhah

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Thu Oct 30 16:56:26 PDT 2008

R' Zev Sero wrote:
> "Hanosen teshua lamlachim" was printed in the siddur, and
> it was said in the big city shuls where the KYRH's spies
> might be listening, but in the small shuls and shtiblach
> it was omitted.

Is this your guess, or someone else's guess, or were you told this by people who were actually there?

This is a good example of something which is probably impossible to prove or disprove, as no one would have written such things down. But if it is indeed true, it would explain why some communities don't say it. It always seemed to me a natural and important thing to say. (Didn't we have a thread on this a few months ago?) But if it is true that no one ever said it until the gov't wanted it, then I would understand why some communities have chosen to drop it.

(BTW: What does KYRH stand for? My guess is that the K is Kaiser, but I'm clueless on the rest.)

Akiva Millrt