[Avodah] Rain on Sukkot

Dov Kay dov_kay at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 05:35:57 PDT 2008

<<Do you have a source that the curse is only the first night. As to rain on friday night who says that is also on succot.>>

I have not seen it myself, but my brother-in-law told me over YT that in Peirush HaMishnayos, the Rambam states that it is a siman k'lala if rains at "techilas hachag".  This has led many to speculate that the siman only applies if it rains on the first night.  Others say it is to exclude Shemini Atzeres.

A gut moed
Dov Kay