[Avodah] davening to melachim

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 08:19:27 PDT 2008

From: "herb basser" _basserh at queensu.ca_ (mailto:basserh at queensu.ca)

>>  I took special note in Neila that we beseech midas harachamim-- and
decided from  its wording that here midas harachamim was a seperate being from
HKBH<<

    Zvi basser
basserh at queensu.ca

That's like saying your sense of humor is a separate being from you.   If I
appeal to your mercy, to your compassion, to your sense of justice, to your
integrity -- have I just proclaimed you a victim of multiple personality
disorder, with four or five separate selves??

Interestingly Christianity actually does this -- by calling Ruach Hakodesh
("the Holy Ghost") a separate and distinct being in the trinity.    They got
there by being excessively literal, which is what it seems to me you  are doing.

--Toby  Katz
GCT